Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.7 Ecoboost issues so far?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 02:28 AM

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 2.7 Ecoboost issues so far?

I did a quick search, and couldn't find a thread listing common issues with this new engine. Maybe because it's so new, or maybe it's just rock solid and problem free! Let me know guys!
Old 07-11-2015, 08:11 AM

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I have less than 5000 miles on mine but so far I love it! Good gas mileage and pulls my trailer like it's not there. Only thing I don't like is the auto start stop feature. I'll have that deactivated at the first oil change.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Worst hairday ever...

Received 253 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Rabbit
I have less than 5000 miles on mine but so far I love it! Good gas mileage and pulls my trailer like it's not there. Only thing I don't like is the auto start stop feature. I'll have that deactivated at the first oil change.
You can have the start-stop feature deactivated?
Old 07-11-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 272 Likes on 188 Posts

Don't believe you can. You can push the button to turn it off, but you have to do that every time you start it.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I believe the 5* tuner has the functionality to disable auto start/stop
Old 07-11-2015, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by 02fx4dude
You can have the start-stop feature deactivated?
The service manager at my dealer said he thinks it can be. I'll find out in a couple weeks. I hope they can, I think it's a pain in the rear!
Old 07-12-2015, 09:21 AM

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Rabbit
The service manager at my dealer said he thinks it can be. I'll find out in a couple weeks. I hope they can, I think it's a pain in the rear!
What is it you don't like about it? I've heard several guys talk about not liking it and I'm just curious why? I personally don't mind it, but thats doesn't mean I'm right either lol. Just my opionion and I am interested in yours too.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't think there is anything bad about the stop-start feature other than the flashbacks I get to my old '65 Chevy van I had in high school that would die rather than idle!
Old 07-12-2015, 10:40 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's really seemless to me and I really don't notice it especially if I have the windows up and radio on, so I don't mind it. I can see the rationale though that there may be some added wear and tear to the engine from stopping and starting so much, but I would think ford engineers would account for that before adding the feature.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Coreywayne57
What is it you don't like about it? I've heard several guys talk about not liking it and I'm just curious why? I personally don't mind it, but thats doesn't mean I'm right either lol. Just my opionion and I am interested in yours too.
I live in a small town with a few stop lights and several stop signs. The lights don't last long so I'm not saving any fuel. If I lived in a bigger town with longer lights it would be much better. It has shut down at stop signs too. Almost got me an accident last week because of the hesitation when restarting and going. Almost got rear-ended. The truck shuts down and almost instantly has to restart because the lights don't last long. They say they have a heavy duty starter and battery but I really don't want to find out. At least half hour drive to my dealer not to mention a Saturday wasted if I have to go. I hit the button when I think about it but that's a pain to me. Ford should have set it up where I could turn it off through the dash. Just my opinion on it. If the dealer had explained the feature better it would have been turned off before I signed papers.

Last edited by Rabbit; 07-12-2015 at 11:20 AM.

Quick Reply: 2.7 Ecoboost issues so far?