Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

19 275/70R18 Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 02:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 19 275/70R18 Tires

Just got a fresh set of rubber for the truck. Didn't really need it, but told myself I did. Decided to go with Nokians because I previously had a set of Nokian WR G3s that I used as a set of pseudo winter tires (Oklahoma) on a WRX and they performed well in that application and I thought the Michelins were not preforming very well in wet weather. We don't get a lot of snow, ice for a little bit, and if I'm honest I'm likely doing more highway driving than off-road but wanted to maintain some capability.

Walmart has these online for $159/tire free shipping YMMV. Discount Tire has them listed at $236/tire and approved a match when I contacted them online, but told me to call a store to set everything up. Store 1 said they wouldn't match the price, and store 2 told me to come in to see if they could match. Since I'm a little ways away, it didn't seem worth it to make two trips. If you're close to a store and interested it may work out for better you if you prefer Discount Tire or oppose Walmart.

Pre: 275/65R18 Michelin Primacy XC 8/32" tread remaining assuming OEM and ~25k miles. Weighed in at 37lbs on the bathroom scale (tire only)
Post: LT275/70R18 Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus E load range. Weighing in at 50lbs on same scale.

Initial impressions: Ride seems quieter in town and on the highway along with being less jarring over bumps and rough roads. Local tire shop put the tires at the placard pressures so I may need to add a few psi to balance out for the new load range. Factory suspension and noticed no rubbing or issues at full lock or over rough roads.

Pre

Front Pre

Front Post - Very slight change in overall size. Noticed no rubbing or issues at all.

Rear Pre

Rear Post

Tread looks a little better in person than it did on stock images for the tire.

The following 2 users liked this post by figus:
MotorsportsAustin (11-01-2022), tomtom@thomaste.com (06-29-2021)

Quick Reply: 19 275/70R18 Tires