Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

15' F150 Platinum - upgrading fog light bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 15' F150 Platinum - upgrading fog light bulbs

So I just upgraded my fog light bulbs to leds and I swear it took me an hour to change out simple bulbs because there is just no room whatsoever to get your hand in there to turn the old bulb and pull it out, I removed two screws from the inner fender well lining and that kind of helped a little but not much at all. Does anyone know of a better/easier way of getting to those bulbs because I am almost certain I was not able to lock one of them into place and I know I am going to end up having that damn thing come out
Old 02-06-2018, 11:49 AM
No fart cans allowed

Received 1,449 Likes on 959 Posts

I had no issues on my Lariat. I just rolled underneath, unplugged the wire harness from the bulb, removed the old bulb, worked the new bulb into place, and reconnected the wire harness. Clearance was a little tight, especially with LED bulbs that have a fan, but I was literally done in less than 10 minutes.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:05 PM
El Borracho

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

I also had no issues on my Lariat. It was a little tight but with good lighting and turning the wheels to the side you are changing it was a < than 10 min job.

What LEDs did you with btw?
Old 02-06-2018, 12:38 PM

Hell, I wish I could say the same! An hour is obviously exaggerating but it did take a while because there is no simple way of fitting your hand between the socket and that square metal tube(or whatever that is) right behind the socket

I got these from Amazon -
Amazon Amazon
- there are some negative reviews on them but I do not know why because they seem to be fantastic at the moment of course now that I said that they will quit working
Old 02-06-2018, 11:28 PM
El Borracho

Originally Posted by TruckJunkie16
I got these from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHFD2K8/ref=od_aui_detailpages04?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - there are some negative reviews on them but I do not know why because they seem to be fantastic at the moment of course now that I said that they will quit working
Does your front camera flicker when they are on at night?
I recently bought these from Amazon and this has been my experience.
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by sierrafast; 02-06-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by sierrafast
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I actually do not have the front camera so I can't answer that although I really wish I did have the front camera you can add that on can't you?
Old 02-07-2018, 09:16 AM

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sierrafast
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You'd see the same thing if you had LED headlights, The camera is not flickering, just with the leds you can actually see the cameras shutter effect
Old 02-07-2018, 09:41 AM
El Borracho

Originally Posted by gebo21
You'd see the same thing if you had LED headlights, The camera is not flickering, just with the leds you can actually see the cameras shutter effect
I was under the Immpression I had LED headlights and this does not happen when these are on and the new fog LED are off. This is also evident on my cellphone camera.

These are cheap $35 LED lights I currently have. I was wondering this would go away with more reputable brands like Putco or Diode Dynamics.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:48 PM

Received 260 Likes on 156 Posts

Crawl under the truck OP. Going through the wheel well is not the easiest way to do that. I took the bulbs out and changed the whole housing for Morimotos and it was easy peasy.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuk
Crawl under the truck OP. Going through the wheel well is not the easiest way to do that. I took the bulbs out and changed the whole housing for Morimotos and it was easy peasy.
Where did you get the Morimotos at if you don't mind me asking

Quick Reply: 15' F150 Platinum - upgrading fog light bulbs