Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

15' F150 Platinum Grille Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 15' F150 Platinum Grille Removal?

Good afternoon everyone!

So I have removed my grille twice so far and I must ask why in the FU*&ing world do they need all the little clips and screws on each corner and across the bottom surely there could have been a better design. Ok that rant is over for now

Does anyone know if you can purchase the "little black plastic" square clips that the (4) corner screws, screw into and also how do you install them correctly? I stupidly unscrewed them all the way until they fell off and now for the life of me I can not get them to go back on correctly although I am still not sure I am doing it correctly.

Also, the 4-5 black plastic tabs that line the bottom of the grille assy that take that weird look silver "nut/clip" with the point in the center, does anyone know what they are called and where to get them because I broke every one when removing them and I have looked at allt he diagrams on ford parts websites but they are not showing them or the black squares. Also, how do you actually remove those nuts correctly?

Quick Reply: 15' F150 Platinum Grille Removal?