Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

Extra Care plan won't cover throttle body...

Old 07-02-2019, 07:07 PM

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts

Default Extra Care plan won't cover throttle body...

I have a 2013 F150 EB with 38,264 miles on it. The throttle body stuck closed. I have an Extra Care drivetrain plan but the dealership tells me it won't cover the throttle body, It will cover bolts, manifolds, cam phasers, turbos and just about anything engine related but no the throttle body. That's just stupid. Cable operated throttle bodies are much better. 20 years and 0 problems with the tb on my Trans Am. Both my other vehicles with drive by wire computer controlled crap have crapped out and needed to be replaced. DUMB DUMB DUMB
Old 07-16-2019, 10:32 PM

Received 238 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannafbody
I have a 2013 F150 EB with 38,264 miles on it. The throttle body stuck closed. I have an Extra Care drivetrain plan but the dealership tells me it won't cover the throttle body, It will cover bolts, manifolds, cam phasers, turbos and just about anything engine related but no the throttle body. That's just stupid. Cable operated throttle bodies are much better. 20 years and 0 problems with the tb on my Trans Am. Both my other vehicles with drive by wire computer controlled crap have crapped out and needed to be replaced. DUMB DUMB DUMB
Is this the “Electronic Throttle Control” listed on the Premium Care warranty?

You could sell the warranty and fix the truck, then buy the Premium Care. Or just pay to fix and move on.

What does the repair cost?
Old 09-11-2019, 09:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

New throttle body isn’t much more than a $100
deductible. Install is really easy. Just buy one and put it on yourself. It’ll take less than 30
min
Old 09-11-2019, 10:21 PM
rodent aviator

Received 272 Likes on 145 Posts

This is a perfect example of why I hate any and all 'warranties' or 'service plans', etc. People think they are going to make out with them while the provider plans on taking in more money than they pay out. Somebody always ends up disappointed. Unless you have a catastrophic failure AND your warranty actually covers all your expenses then you are usually bound to lose money on the deal.

Also, people who buy warranties think they no longer have to buy anything else for the vehicle, period. Just the idea of completely giving up all control over the maintenance and repair of my vehicle just makes my skin crawl. You have no say on what they fix, how they fix it or what parts they use. You are almost guaranteed to get sub-par repairs with the cheapest Chinese parts they can scrape up. And you have no say because you already paid for the 'warranty'.

Just buy the stupid throttle body and put it on. Most are only 4 bolts and a hose clamp, and a couple vacuum lines. And as posted above they are cheap. And quit thinking your 'warranty' is going to take care of your vehicle for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Extra Care plan won't cover throttle body...