Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

engine dyeing during breaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine dyeing during breaking

i have a 01 supercrew 5.4 with a pro-charger supercharger with around 8 pounds of boost runs great but it seams that the supercharger is allowing the idle to fluctuate during breaking and some times kills the engine. what could i do to fix this, besides adjusting the idle. or is it something i will have to live with.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

its not something you should have to live with. have you checked your vacuum lines yet. its possible one was loose and the boost popped it off.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:11 PM
OVERTHINKER

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I would be looking at the IAC [idle air controller]. You really can't effectively adjust the idle.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:01 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by larsj
i have a 01 supercrew 5.4 with a pro-charger supercharger with around 8 pounds of boost runs great but it seams that the supercharger is allowing the idle to fluctuate during breaking and some times kills the engine. what could i do to fix this, besides adjusting the idle. or is it something i will have to live with.
I merged both your threads together so it will be less confusing on dignosing your problem. Please don't double post, it's hard to follow two threads and know what has already been tried or suggested. Good luck with getting it fixed.

Quick Reply: engine dyeing during breaking