Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

4.6 Stalling at Idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4.6 Stalling at Idle

Recently my 2003 4.6 has been idling rough, and times it will eventually stall. So, I replaced air filter, cleaned the MAF sensors, and replaced the IAC. Did not solve the problem. What else can I check before I have to take it to a shop? Do I need to wait for the "check engine soon" light to come on before using a diagnostic tool to read codes?

I would appreciate any comments. Thanks
Old 01-30-2015, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Midlands
Recently my 2003 4.6 has been idling rough, and times it will eventually stall. So, I replaced air filter, cleaned the MAF sensors, and replaced the IAC. Did not solve the problem. What else can I check before I have to take it to a shop? Do I need to wait for the "check engine soon" light to come on before using a diagnostic tool to read codes? I would appreciate any comments. Thanks
could try cleaning the throttle body, and seafoaming the vacuum lines to clean the injectors.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seafoam via the vac line did not help, in fact did not see any smoke out the back. I found the hose cracked at the PCV. Replaced PCV and all related hoses. That was the problem. it now idles smooth, no stalling

Quick Reply: 4.6 Stalling at Idle