Topic Sponsor
Engine / Drivetrain Talk 6 or 8 Cylinders? Come talk about it.

2014 F150 Shift Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 07:55 AM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 2014 F150 Shift Issue

I believe my 2014 FX4 is equipped with the 6R80 transmission (six speed).

From the day I drove it home from the dealership it has had a minor 'hiccup' which has gotten worse recently; the first shift of the day from second to third is very harsh. It doesn't matter if I pull out of the driveway and coast to the corner, or am under acceleration - the first time it goes to third gear it feels like you're being kicked in the butt. It only happens on the first shift of the day, after the truck has sat overnight. Doesn't happen when I go to leave work or at any other time. When I say it has gotten worse, now with 104,000 kms it's feeling like the transmission wants to drop out when it goes to shift.

I had my 96,000 km service (missed it the first time around) performed on Monday and was expecting a transmission service, but later discovered that it's not due until 150K. So my question is, do I have the dealership try a service ahead of the mileage interval and see if anything improves of am I likely looking at either a new valve body or solenoid assembly? My prepaid maintenance plan should cover the service anyway, obviously anything over & above is out of pocket.