Topic Sponsor
4.6L 3V Discuss the 3 valve 4.6L here.

best to go with

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best to go with

i got a 2009 f150 4,6 3v im wanting to do some power upgrades not sure what to go like as far as a whipple supercharger or roush stuff looking to get 500 hp and be dependable lol anyways anybody got any suggestions also what programmer would be good thanks
Old 02-16-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mongo2009
i got a 2009 f150 4,6 3v im wanting to do some power upgrades not sure what to go like as far as a whipple supercharger or roush stuff looking to get 500 hp and be dependable lol anyways anybody got any suggestions also what programmer would be good thanks
I've been looking to do the same thing, but can't decide turbo or supercharger. Let me know if you add something!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Williams
I've been looking to do the same thing, but can't decide turbo or supercharger. Let me know if you add something!
Well i traded that truck in for a 2009 fx4 with a 5.4 that 4.6 3v in my opinion ran good i had trouble trying to find superchargers for it anyways i love my fx4 now and will be hopefully adding a supercharger to it trying to figure out how to get good fuel millage in the damn thing i drive back and forth from st. louis to work and i cant get much over 16 i got 17.3 average today but had the wind in my favor and it was a strong wind.
Anyways im just a young kid be 21 next month only reason i was able to get this nice truck cause i still live at home and my mom managed to co sign for me anyways lol In my opinion i like superchargers they seem more intense and have constant boost and on the other hand turbos make more boost but have lag but are intense with they light up ideal would be to have both lol that way you have boost on low end and high end. but i will stick with a supercharger on a gas motor but they are expensive so it will be a bit before i can get one

let me no if you done anything to yours
Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mongo2009
Well i traded that truck in for a 2009 fx4 with a 5.4 that 4.6 3v in my opinion ran good i had trouble trying to find superchargers for it anyways i love my fx4 now and will be hopefully adding a supercharger to it trying to figure out how to get good fuel millage in the damn thing i drive back and forth from st. louis to work and i cant get much over 16 i got 17.3 average today but had the wind in my favor and it was a strong wind.
Anyways im just a young kid be 21 next month only reason i was able to get this nice truck cause i still live at home and my mom managed to co sign for me anyways lol In my opinion i like superchargers they seem more intense and have constant boost and on the other hand turbos make more boost but have lag but are intense with they light up ideal would be to have both lol that way you have boost on low end and high end. but i will stick with a supercharger on a gas motor but they are expensive so it will be a bit before i can get one

let me no if you done anything to yours
I'm really thinking about going turbocharger because it does increase gas mileage. 1-3 MPG depending on certain things. I'm also a young kid (18) Lol but I found a good paying job for all of my upgrades and such.