Topic Sponsor
5.4L Discuss the 5.4L here.

Shuddering at 45 mph

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Shuddering at 45 mph

Have any of you guys ever had an experience where your truck will start(for lack of a better description) shuddering at a certain speed? Any time I'm accelerating up a gradual incline and i hit 45 mph my truck will start stuttering and shuddering. If I let off the gas it stops or if I hit the gas for it to downshift it stopsand accelerates smoothly, otherwise it will just behave as described.

It's been doing this for a while now and getting steadily worse...I'm scared it's the transmission. Tell me I'm wrong please. TIA
Old 07-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Renaissance Honky

Received 154 Likes on 134 Posts

What year truck, what axle gear ratio? Kinda sounds like spark plugs... IF it's an RPM related thing that's about where they would do do the bucking misfire thing.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I experienced the exact same thing on my 2002. After several other attempts I finally corrected it. I changed all 8 coil packs.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:50 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by bodymek
Have any of you guys ever had an experience where your truck will start(for lack of a better description) shuddering at a certain speed? Any time I'm accelerating up a gradual incline and i hit 45 mph my truck will start stuttering and shuddering. If I let off the gas it stops or if I hit the gas for it to downshift it stopsand accelerates smoothly, otherwise it will just behave as described.

It's been doing this for a while now and getting steadily worse...I'm scared it's the transmission. Tell me I'm wrong please. TIA
Year and motor? Last tune-up ?