Topic Sponsor
5.4L Discuss the 5.4L here.

5.4L timing chain set recomendation

Old 06-06-2018, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.4L timing chain set recomendation

I want to bullet proof this motor as much as possible. 09 Expy, 5.4L 3V, 141k at break down. Was driving when it threw codes, sputtered/stalled, initial thought was a failed crank position sensor failure, turned off motor, turned back on and limped a half mile to park. No catastrophic engine failure heard, no lock up, no ka-boom, etc.

Passenger side valve cover broken/cracked at the cam phaser area. I'm just now starting the tear down process, haven't pulled the timing chain cover yet.

I need a good timing chain kit 'recipe' I'm going to use the Melling 360 oil pump, leaning toward the Ford replacement set, but am curious about the Cloyes set.

Is it up to date on the fixes/Ford engineered design mods?

Should I piece together my own kit? I understand I can order pre 01 steel guides to use instead of the plastic that are currently used.

thanks in advance ya'll, mv
Old 12-13-2021, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP!! 08 5.4 3v complete timing kit. CHEAP

PLEASE HELP!!! Im needing the complete timing replacement kit for, 08, 5.4, 3v, fx4, 4x4. I know it's hard on alot of people lately but if anyone knows we're I can get a kit, preferably ford parts, don't mean to be picky, just CANNOT afford to redo anything. I'm down to fixing truck r rent,, catch 22. If anyone can help, thanks, B

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.4L timing chain set recomendation