Topic Sponsor
5.4L Discuss the 5.4L here.

2001 f150 bogging down

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 f150 bogging down

Hey guys, I'm new here and have been having some issues with my f150. The truck runs totally fine but now that the weather is warming up in Georgia, I'll be driving a total distance of roughly 50miles and around the half way mark the truck will not down and likes choking and then rev up really high.if I let it sit for a while it goes back to normal. Im at a total loss for words because I have no idea what this could be. Truck isn't over heating and no CEL codes present. Any ideas?

Truck has 231xxx miles but motor was rebuilt around 200k is what I was told

Thank-you ahead of time,
-Austin
Old 05-25-2018, 01:05 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Skidookid114
Hey guys, I'm new here and have been having some issues with my f150. The truck runs totally fine but now that the weather is warming up in Georgia, I'll be driving a total distance of roughly 50miles and around the half way mark the truck will not down and likes choking and then rev up really high.if I let it sit for a while it goes back to normal. Im at a total loss for words because I have no idea what this could be. Truck isn't over heating and no CEL codes present. Any ideas? ...
If it was only bogging down it might be the fuel pump or fuel filter.
Since it revs up high I would check the vacuum hoses, particularly the PCV hose near where it connects to the throttle body.

Quick Reply: 2001 f150 bogging down