Topic Sponsor
5.0L Discuss the 5.0L engine here.

Engine on indefinite backorder

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine on indefinite backorder

So...my 2013 f150 5.0 has been at the dealer since Feb .24th. The 7th and 8th cyliders have to be replaced from what they told me .They were only firing at half power. I have the premium warranty up to 120k miles so I pay a ded. And everything is covered. Well, the head needed to be replaced is on indefinite backorder. They went to Ford and Ford approved a new engine .the engine is on backorder because they can't get heads. The dealer is telling me they are at a stand still and to call Ford to further escalate. I called and now have a case file open and awaiting a regional supervisor to call back. Any ideas if or what else I can do?
​​
Old 05-02-2018, 03:54 PM

Default Same here

I have a 2012 F150 with the Roushcharger 5.0l in it, motor was shot on 4 cylinders, ford now says the same thing to me that the engine is on backorder with no time frame on when I can get it back. I put my truck in the shop beginning of February 2018, it's May 2018 now.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:01 PM

So I finally got my truck back. The dealership ended up getting Ford to approve a head rebuild. They sent the head to a machine shop to redrill .And just rebuilt it rather than replace it .they re drilled the head, changed all 16 pistons and 2 new cylinders all under warranty. Try pushing for that. If you continue to wait for them to be in stick Lord knows how long it will be in there. Hope that helps.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ben Lee
So I finally got my truck back. The dealership ended up getting Ford to approve a head rebuild. They sent the head to a machine shop to redrill .And just rebuilt it rather than replace it .they re drilled the head, changed all 16 pistons and 2 new cylinders all under warranty. Try pushing for that. If you continue to wait for them to be in stick Lord knows how long it will be in there. Hope that helps.
There are only 8 pistons in a V8 motor and you can not replace individual cylinders. So maybe you should demand to see the shop invoice and see just what they did to you motor.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:55 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Ric27
There are only 8 pistons in a V8 motor and you can not replace individual cylinders. So maybe you should demand to see the shop invoice and see just what they did to you motor.
Pretty sure he meant they replaced 16 valves which is what that engine has in each head.

Quick Reply: Engine on indefinite backorder