Topic Sponsor
5.0L Discuss the 5.0L engine here.

1992 302 missing and bucking

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1992 302 missing and bucking

My 92 f150, 302 has been giving me some trouble. It has a miss on cylinder #4 that I cannot resolve. Also it has recently started bucking when under LIGHT load. When this occurs you can lean on the throttle and it goes away.

The only code I am getting from it is 327 EVP/EPT CIRCUIT BELOW MINIMUM VOLTAGE.

I have gone over and over, no vacuum leaks, compression is 125 to 132, all new plugs and wires, new distributor cap and rotor. Coil was questionable so it was replaced also. All sensors and solenoids have been tested twice per my Haynes manual. Injectors have been manually cleaned and tested. Pulled the O2 sensor out and ran around the block but no change so I don't think the cat is clogged. Timing without spout is dead on at 10 BTDC, with spout it bounces around between 12 and 20 or so, why would this be?? I've pulled the EEC and the capacitors all look good, tested circuits as the manual says, all good there.

What am I missing here?

The brake and RABS lights come on intermittently but I have not gotten to chasing that down yet. Could they somehow be connected?

I am at a loss here and any ideas will be greatly appreciated. This baby has 326,000 miles on her and I want to keep going.
The following users liked this post:
David Robles (11-15-2019)

Quick Reply: 1992 302 missing and bucking