Topic Sponsor
4.2L Discuss the tried and true 4.2L.

God awful screatching @grinding coming from trans

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default God awful screatching @grinding coming from trans

Every time i push the clutch pedal down my trans screatches really loud and the serpintine belt squeaks as well. I just recently changed the slave cylinder and no it wasn't motor craft and i think i'm gonna regret it.
moreover, when i take out the key, the theft light flashes real fast and the dinger keeps dinging and the battery light is on too .
i really need some help for i'm way to far away from home right now, working.
i hope someone can tell me WTF!
Old 11-01-2018, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by ***** j
Every time i push the clutch pedal down my trans screatches really loud and the serpintine belt squeaks as well. I just recently changed the slave cylinder and no it wasn't motor craft and i think i'm gonna regret it.
moreover, when i take out the key, the theft light flashes real fast and the dinger keeps dinging and the battery light is on too .
i'm not sure if ive posted this in the right forum, sorry
Old 11-01-2018, 03:07 PM

will i topped off the trans oil, it was about a half a quart low, haven't heard any screeching today, could a half a quart cause the trans to make that noise?
Old 12-31-2018, 01:55 PM

will i topped off the trans oil, it was about a half a quart low, haven't heard any screeching today, could a half a quart cause the trans to make that noise?
will its been a month with no issues till yesterday, now i hear a clunking sound and rattling when i push the clutch pedal down, could this be the result of a bad motor mount.
i was hoping someone could help out.
thank you
Old 01-02-2019, 05:39 AM

Received 489 Likes on 423 Posts

You can check for a bad motor mount with a buddy which would likely allow the engine to jump when you release the clutch. I don't think that's your problem since the noise occurs when you push the clutch in.A defective throw out bearing can make noise when you push in the clutch. I would check gear oil again and for leaks since it is not normal to add a half quart of oil. Other things to check, loose guards on cat.converter and u joints.

Quick Reply: God awful screatching @grinding coming from trans