Topic Sponsor
3.5L EcoBoost Engine Discuss the 3.5L EcoBoost engine.

F-150 transmission/electrical problem??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F-150 transmission/electrical problem??

My 2013 f-150 ecoboost, is doing random shifting in and out of manual. I was driving about 40 and in D when all the sudden the truck went to 5K rpm and slowed me way down suddenly (very dangerous). it is super random it will be fine for most of the day with these strange (electrical) issues. the other morning the speedometer went blank while i was on the interstate going 70 gages in middle also weren't functioning but the rpm's were still reading. I took it to the local Ford dealer and they said there was no code thrown so they couldn't do anything. Whats up is my transmission going bad or is this just electrical?
Old 05-25-2017, 02:14 PM

Received 132 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by luthergrad
My 2013 f-150 ecoboost, is doing random shifting in and out of manual. I was driving about 40 and in D when all the sudden the truck went to 5K rpm and slowed me way down suddenly (very dangerous). it is super random it will be fine for most of the day with these strange (electrical) issues. the other morning the speedometer went blank while i was on the interstate going 70 gages in middle also weren't functioning but the rpm's were still reading. I took it to the local Ford dealer and they said there was no code thrown so they couldn't do anything. Whats up is my transmission going bad or is this just electrical?
There is a recall on the sudden down shift issue. Not sure about gauge issue though. I don't know why the dealership didn't check for the recall.

Last edited by Meathead; 05-25-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: F-150 transmission/electrical problem??