Topic Sponsor
Tires, Wheels and Suspension "How-To" articles pertaining to the Tires, Wheels and Suspension of an F150.

Doing a lift kit on a 92 2WD any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doing a lift kit on a 92 2WD any advice?

Hey ive got a 2WD 1992 f150 the 5.0 v8 and i want to put a lift kit on it. Rough country offers a 2.5, a 4. And 6 inch kits for it and i would like to get the 4. Im pretty sure that the kit comes with everything i will need but i want to know if yall think i need anthing else. Please not this is my first vehicle and its my first time doing something like this, i will have help but other than that im blind. I am keeping original tires for now but i do plan to get 36" mud tires in the future. I know that i will need to mod the steering and do the gears then but thats in the future. So will i need anything that doesnt come in the kit?
Old 12-19-2013, 04:21 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts

Don't install the lift until you have the bigger tires or it will look ridiculous. Get your lift if you can and keep it until you have the money for tires too
Old 01-15-2014, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since is a 2wd i assume its a body lift. im 19 now and i did a 3 inch body lift on my 1995 f150 bout a year ago. s for what u need it should be all in the kit. for your steering it will just be a little extenstion that bolts on under the steering wheel. your kit should also have drop brackets for your fan shroud but its a fairly easy lift to do. i can tell you that the hardest part will be getting the old bolts off so expect to spend most of ur time there. also a little warning is raising ur bumpers will be a lil tricky. also like sporster said it will look very funny without bigger tires .if u hit any issues let us know.

Quick Reply: Doing a lift kit on a 92 2WD any advice?