Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Wiper Control (95 F150)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 03:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiper Control (95 F150)

Howdy from Alaska!

I was all set to buy a motor from the junkyard to fix my problem, but the more I read, the more I realize I don't know about this circuit (vs the old 85 Bronco I fixed before with a similar issue).

Problem:
Wipers work, but don't know where they "park" when I turn them off. I have to time it just right because they stop exactly where they are when I turn the switch.

Intermittent (delay) function no longer works. They just run in slow no matter where I dial it in, except for the high speed setting where they actually run fast.

If I use the windshield washer (push the **** in rather than turn it on) the washer works and the wipers engage, but then I cannot shut them off at all, no matter what I do to the ****. The only way to stop them is to turn off the ignition and then start the truck again.

I thought it'd be the park circuit in the motor, but I read a lot tonight about wiper control modules, Generic Electronic Modules, run-park relays, etc....

I don't have a manual, so it'll be hit and miss for me. Aside from going to the dealer to ask them for each one of these items (to see which ones my F150 does or does not have), I'm still cursed using with swap-tronics to find the faulty unit.

I'm hoping someone has the Haynes manual for my 1995 model, and can help me choose the most likely suspect.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks!

Eric
Eagle River, Alaska
Old 06-06-2010, 04:11 AM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Well, that's a tough call. My '87 has/had wiper problems like you describe but it's different than '95. But, one thing they do have in common is the park function is part of the motor. Changing my motor fixed half my problems.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:30 AM

If not the actual answer, could someone suggest the most likely manual (Hanes, Chiltons) to have the information I'm seeking?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:21 PM
We'd do it

I thought I answered that.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:27 PM

You did, and I appreciate it,

But I've been reading a lot of things about the 94-97 F150 on various forums and they all mention the park circuit within the motor. I was all set to buy another motor, but then I started seeing data about the multi-function switch, those 1 or 2 relays behind the fuse panel (depending on your year) and other circuits that complicate the system since 94/95. I haven't been able to find specific info on the configuration for 1995 models.

I need something to confirm it'll fix (or not) before I go out and spend $ on a motor. I was hoping to eliminate one or two of the other likely suspects before taking out the motor.

Still searching.......
Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 PM
We'd do it

'92-'96 have the same wiper system. On my truck, they would only work on low, wouldn't park, and stopped for no reason. I changed the motor and they would park and work on low and high. I repaired the wiper control module and intermittent now works. They still stop for no reason though and I haven't checked into it any further. The only thing left is the switch.

Quick Reply: Wiper Control (95 F150)