Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

What Heavy-Duty Headlight Harness???

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 03:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default What Heavy-Duty Headlight Harness???

I'm wanting to install a Heavy-Duty Headlight Harness, and I don't know what one would be best to go with. I remember RJM had a really good one, but now he's gone. So now it's either LMC- Bronco Graveyard, or hopefully somebody here knows a place that sells a good quality one like RJM used to sell.

From what I can tell Bronco Graveyard sells the Putco Harness, and I've read that the Putco Harness is total Junk with Junk relays. Then some say they haven't had any issues with it,but there are more votes for Junk than not, so I think I'll stay away from the Putco Harness. And I'm not sure what kind LMC sells, it doesn't look like the Putco so it may be better.
I also read that some Guys have made their own Harness, but I have zero knowledge when it come to electrical things so that's out of the question. It would be nice if someone took over where RJM left off, and made a really good quality Harness because there definitely is a demand for them.
Let me know what some of you guys are using, and how you like it Any help will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks...
Old 04-29-2016, 04:02 PM

Received 95 Likes on 89 Posts

I'd like to know also. One less fire hazard on the truck would be nice.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:35 PM

I hear you, after I looked at all of the Pictures of Burned & Melted Headlight Switch Harness's that was enough for me to want to speed this up.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:22 PM

Has anyone heard of CE Auto Electric Supply? They have one for $149.95, and it looks to be pretty good quality. But I'd like to know if someone has bought one, and what they think about it. I also found one from a place called Ron Francis Wiring, and there Kit is $56.95. And of course there's the Painless Wirings Kit for $222.99, and that's a little more than I wanted to spend. But if that's going to be the best Kit I'll do what it takes to keep my Truck from burning..
So if anyone has tried any of these Kits & liked it, or went with any other Kit that they had good results with let me know.. Thanks again...
Old 05-09-2016, 10:06 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I made the kit myself, I had plenty of 12ga wiring sitting around of multiple colors and a stash of bosch 30a relays from my old volvo. Just had to buy some connectors and some bulb sockets with 12ga wiring coming off the ends.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:03 PM

I'd have no idea on how to wire one up myself, and I'd definitely not trust it if I did make it myself. So I'm going to have to stick with just buying one, but I wish I had some more of an idea on what kit other guys are using & there results with them good or bad. As of now though I think the CE Auto Electric looks like a really nice quality kit, and it comes with the Hella 40 amp waterproof relays. So I'm pretty sure that's the one I'm going to go with unless I hear about something better...

Quick Reply: What Heavy-Duty Headlight Harness???