Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

UPDATE ON 1995 302 ENGINE vs Air conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 03:40 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default UPDATE ON 1995 302 ENGINE vs Air conditioning

After 3 months of repairs trying to get my 302, 5.0 XLT engine to handle the drag on using the air conditioner while driving, thanks to all of you gear head’s inputs to previous thread, I insisted my mechanic replace the FAN CLUTCH (to humor me and follow your advice) then do a thorough Air conditioning service check of my purple flareside’s system (vacuum, leak test, coolant charge, etc). Jason at Sergio’s in Chino Valley AZ inserted a dye into the AC system as the initial check failed the leak test (O-rings). I will take it back in 2 weeks to see where the leak is and fix it. Meantime, I can now use my AC in this Arizona heat and know the engine will start and idle and run smoothly each time instead of dying at idle after using AC. Left me stranded a few times when engine didn’t hold an idle after AC use getting anywhere - most frustrating when in garage and engine dies trying to start.
But, used the AC today and so happy to have me truck’s purr back in my ears. Confidence in the engine and much needed air conditioning working in harmony early in the morning and throughout the daily errands and such.

Thanks again for your input and my insistance to listen to you.

Proud Woman Veteran driving,
Capt JJJello