Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Trying to trouble shoot studdering problem and bad gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:05 AM
American Pride!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trying to trouble shoot studdering problem and bad gas mileage

The engine sucked water a couple weeks ago and I have been working bugs out ever since. I've pulled codes and they are (OB11) 1130,1131,1150,1151. I translated them but can't remember since I don't have the paper I wrote it on. I do remember that one was egr insuffient flow and the other four was upstream 02 switch bank 1 lean and upstream 02 sensorswitch bank2 lean. Anyway, I'm thinking its my mass air sensor but I have cleaned it a couple times and nothing has worked. I unplugged it and it runs almost the same way it does plugged in. Does anyone know if the mass air sensor gets wet while running if water will burn the elements up since I know they get very hot while the engine is running. I looked at it and the elements are not broken. I hate to replace it and it not fix the problem. But I know if its not working correctly it sends the PCM false info and possibly might be causing the engine to to have the wrong fuel/air mixture thus causing these other codes to come up for the egr and 02 sensors. Any info would be very helpful to me especially since I seem to be fighting an uphill battle with this without replacing all kinds of sensors. Also my speedometer is not working correctly and I've replaced the vss in the rear differential. As soon as its running the speedo sits at around 20 mph and as I accelerate it starts working. It will let me go into 4high but not in 4low and I'm guessing that's because the speedo is always reading 20. The manual says it won't go into 4low unless your driving under 3 mph. Oyeah, ofcourse it is push button 4x4. Thank you ahead of time for any help and any info would help.

Quick Reply: Trying to trouble shoot studdering problem and bad gas mileage