Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

truck is lazy

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default truck is lazy

it works whenever it wants right now im having a problem i hope someone on here will know what this is i was thinkin fuel filter or oil pump or somethin like that idk its like sometimes it will work and run fine ill turn the key it will run great then it will bog down after about like 10 seconds or when i hit the gas just like it ran out of gas then it shuts off so i try 2 fire it up again it wont work ill have to wait a minute or 2 then it will crank and do the same thing theres alot of smoke and very strong smell of gas idk whats wrong with it and be4 i change stuff i wanna make sure i aint wasteing time so if anyone has any ideas just let me know 1994 ford f150 xl 2 gas tanks one of them has a broken pump 300,000 miles i was looking online and someone said it could be 2 much air maybe bad gas or somethin like that the metal peice where u put the gas filleruper thing in there and it like blocks stuff from getting in your tank thats broke its like wide open but the really weird thing is it will run fine everynow and then like when i drive it alot maybe its 2 cold outside but i put 3 gallons in 3 weeks ago when it did that then it ran great after like an hour of not starting so again if yall can help it would be great
Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
The Bees Knees

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your post would be a lot easier to read with punctuation, but a bad fuel pressure regulator COULD pose an issue like what I THINK you are describing...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i know facebook and texting gave me bad habits but thanks ill check it out
Old 01-05-2011, 11:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check codes, there's a how-to at the top of this forum.

Quick Reply: truck is lazy