Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Taurus Radiator fan on F150

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 10:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Taurus Radiator fan on F150

Summer time is here. My fan clutch just cant seem to keep my engine at a cool temp. Where I'm at it gets up to 110. So I'm thinking of removing my fan clutch and going with an electric fan assembly. Ive been looking around.. I guess you can go cheap from a $40 eFan from Amazon up to a $500 efan from flex-a-lite.. Also I've been reading around forum's that the 90-95 Taurus have a really good eFan and some people have been putting these eFans on trucks/jeeps ect.. I have very little space between the radiator and the water pump.. Does anyone know the LxWxH (Length, Width, Height) on these Taurus Radiator eFans? Ive looked all over online and cant seem to get the measurements. I'm more concern on the Width of it, from the back of my radiator to the small bolts where the fan clutch is, on my truck its right under 4inches, that would be the Width. I'm leaning towards getting a Taurus Efan. Since they are about $90 brand new. Also still looking for a wiring harness for an eFan. Any good wiring harness you guys might know?
Old 06-17-2016, 09:40 PM

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

cant help with the taurus dimensions...but you need to search on here..tons of info about using various fans and doing your own wiring.
you likely have an issue with your truck however, as ford didnt build a truck that wont maintain proper temp. a clutch fan will cool as well as anything at the cost of some horsepower. im using the mopar fans written about here with success. they fit the 4.9 engine bay great.
chances are if you go cheap the fan will be loud and/or work like crap. the mopar fans are quiet and flow well..cheap to buy brand new as well, having dual speed im not sure why guys buy those crappy single unshrouded fans when these are available!

Last edited by justintendo; 06-17-2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:11 AM

Received 260 Likes on 190 Posts

I agree with justintendo, there is something wrong with your cooling system. My 4.9 is the coolest running motor I've ever seen

Quick Reply: Taurus Radiator fan on F150