Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Stripped out 95 XL

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 08:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stripped out 95 XL

Just curious... since I got my truck a month ago many people that have seen it have all mentioned they thought it was unusual because its such a stripped out truck.
Is it unusual for a 1995 F150XL 5.0L to have no rugs, no headliner, roll up windows, bench seat, auto with overdrive and factory AC?

Most people comment on the fact that it has no rugs or headliner yet it has AC.
I thought that was pretty common for a work truck.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Okie.

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jgcable
Just curious... since I got my truck a month ago many people that have seen it have all mentioned they thought it was unusual because its such a stripped out truck.
Is it unusual for a 1995 F150XL 5.0L to have no rugs, no headliner, roll up windows, bench seat, auto with overdrive and factory AC?

XL is the base model power nothing and auto or manual trans. Mine is a '92 custom with a 5spd manual trans. No headliner but has rubber mat floor
Old 01-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Boiler Maker

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

do you have a bare metal floor or a vinyl floor liner? an xl is base model- power nothing but verywell could have AC and OD (mine does). Mine came with a headliner but i removed it, soon to be replaced. If you want a headliner and floor mat all of those things can be found and installed easily
Old 01-13-2012, 10:56 AM
jcampe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer your question, no its not unusual. All exept for the headliner part. That may have been removed. I removed mine and now I just have the painted metal roof. Mine is an XL also and I have AC but nothing else. No carpet, cruise, pwer doors or locks, or even an auto. Just rubber floors and a vinyl bench. Perfect work truck
Old 01-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Okie.

Originally Posted by jcampe
To answer your question, no its not unusual. All exept for the headliner part. That may have been removed. I removed mine and now I just have the painted metal roof. Mine is an XL also and I have AC but nothing else. No carpet, cruise, pwer doors or locks, or even an auto. Just rubber floors and a vinyl bench. Perfect work truck
Same here
Old 01-13-2012, 11:54 AM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

i think i got the basic model no head liner or carpet just a rubber type mat manual trans manual windows and locks no ac manual shift transfer and lock out hubs its a short bed with no sliding rear reg cab and the bench seat no frills at all just a radio with a cassette player i think the most luxurious thing is the air bag and i don't like that much i have heard a lot of bad things about an air bag going off. then again it does save lives.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM

Thats what I thought. Just a basic truck. I love this darn thing.
Can't wait until the spring to fix the rust above the rear wheel arches.
Its just amazing to me that a work truck with 185K on it can run so good, have no leaks whatsoever and be so stupid clean underneath. It literally looks like a new truck from underneath. I guess that can be explained because this truck has all highway miles. It has never been in the mud or parked in the dirt.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Okie.

Thats what I thought. Just a basic truck. I love this darn thing.
Can't wait until the spring to fix the rust above the rear wheel arches.
Its just amazing to me that a work truck with 185K on it can run so good, have no leaks whatsoever and be so stupid clean underneath. It literally looks like a new truck from underneath. I guess that can be explained because this truck has all highway miles. It has never been in the mud or parked in the dirt.
That's a ford for ya
Old 04-16-2012, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by jcampe
X2
Old 04-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Salvage Yard Pro

Received 129 Likes on 115 Posts

I wouldn't trade my rubber floor for anything! My Blazer has power everything and was really nice before the cooling system corroded away and took out the trans. Problem was, I have a bad habit of muddy, oily boots, spilled drinks and what not. The carpet stayed in horrible shape. Hated it! I do wish I had a headliner in mine. I may find some cardboard, foam and some material to cover it with and put some heat shield insulation between it and the roof. It get's really hot during the summer and really holds the heat in.

Quick Reply: Stripped out 95 XL