Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

rough country 6in lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:58 AM
1992 f150 "BIG RED"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rough country 6in lift

what all would you need with the lift it says it comes with hydro shocks i just want to know what all i would need like brake lines etc.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Mother Trucker

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If ya buy the right kit you wont need anything, it'll have it all in it. I dont suggest using rough countrys shockes...they're crap. Go buy a good set, like ranchos. I bought their 4 inch an the shocks are theyre hydros, the shafts rust up right away an I'm purdy sure the back shocks are already empty, they started leakin right away. Other than that I cant complain to much bout the lift, the coating on the drop brackets isnt the best but everything has seemed to hold up ok. I wouldnt use it for any extreme off roading, I dont think they would really hold up to a whole lot. Oh an make sure you put new bushing on the radius arms when you do it....def worth it while its off.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 PM

i would highly suggest autofab call them for the best price the owner operator is a nice guy and can set you up for about 1000 this is custom made stuff , welded and radiused a arms to correct steering ETC, hoops and big travel suspension ,,,and you will not be stuck with the dredded ford bumpsteer that you get with the standard of the shelf lift kit here is the link http://www.autofab.com/
Old 12-07-2010, 07:47 PM

i have the six inch rough country lift on my 1991 f150 4x4. in the kit i got all the hardware, add a leaf with blocks in the back, and in the front i got drop brackets for the ttb (ibeam) and new radius arms with coils for the front and both front and rear shocks are all procomp i had heard the rough country ones were crap so i picked up the procomps instead. the addition items i bought that were recommended were longer procomp steel braided brake lines, the drop pitman arm for the steering and procomp steering stabilizers. hope this helps i knocked out my lift in a weekend.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:06 PM

i also have the rough country off the shelf with everything longer arms brake lines the largest pitman arm drop availble , its a six inch kit RC.lift its my 1992 f150 the lift came on the truck when i bought it a few months ago, also has the special alignment bushings .. etc
I am getting a lot of bumpsteer so i went to the alignment shop, everything was tested and in perfect alingment the check was free, but the alignment shop told me to drop it down to a 4 inch lift to correct the problem with bumpsteer which i plan on doing that soon ,lesson is go with the 4 inch lift or you will be sorry.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:01 PM

man i have worked at an offroad company for about 3 years now and all i can say you could not pay me to put a roughcounty or skyjacker or any of that junk on my 9th gen (not trying to be rude guys). On those older half tons BDS is the only way to go for an off the shelf lift. All there brackets at MUCH thicker and stronger than other companies. Also a much much better ride. All there stuff has a lifetime warranty NO B.S! You break anything they will send you a new one however I have never seen anything of BDS break. However with shocks do not go with any oli filled white body shock. Just spend the little more money and get good gas filled shocks. I have a 6 inch BDS on my 96 and never had a problem. no bumpsteer no death wobble not a thing! that was not even running a streering damperer. Good luck man.

Last edited by dillrod16; 12-08-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:57 PM
WOOF

once its all installed, check for things that may rub (tires on bumper, etc.) and get a pro alignment.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:21 PM

Big Red Beast, technically speaking, if you purchase the Rough Country 6" lift with the Hydro 8000 shocks for you truck you will receive everything you need to operate the vehicle. With that being said, Rough Country offers the sway bar drop brackets and front quad shocks as an option because they were not included from the factory on every truck. The kit also has brake line relocation brackets that allow you to run your stock brake line, we offer extended lines as a recommended upgrade as well as the dual steering stabilizer and Nitro shock upgrade.

Rough Country also has a Lifetime Replacement Warranty on all of it's products as well as a 60 day satisfaction guarantee.

If you or anyone else has any questions please give me a call 1-800-222-7023 ask for Dustin @ ext 110 or my direct line 731-288-4473.

http://www.roughcountry.com/warranty/

Quick Reply: rough country 6in lift