Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Replacing Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 01:48 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Replacing Headlights

I know, I should've have gotten El Cheapo headlights from Ebay or Amazon or somewhere. Got them about year or year and a half ago. They starting to peel. Bizarre. Also, the way those little adjusting screws work was just terrible, cheap plastic. And I hit a shopping cart and the left one now is completely loose. I think I broke a screw somewhere.

So time to bite the bullet and get a new pair. Willing to pay something decent that I can add good halogen bulbs on it. (yes, I just read the new thread on halogens!! Thanks!)

Anyone got recommendations?

Last edited by ericantonio; 01-05-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:34 AM

Received 473 Likes on 426 Posts

It's either OEM and pay $$$ or the ones from ebay/amazon there's no in between.
The following users liked this post:
ericantonio (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by smcox1
It's either OEM and pay $$$ or the ones from ebay/amazon there's no in between.
I forgot I have an LMC Truck catalog. I looked in there and it costs $160 or so for the pair. I'm guessing those will be OEM?
Old 01-09-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're looking for other options, parts geek has better deals than 160 a pair. Not sure what their rep is on this forum, but I used them for some tail lights on a truck a while back and they were very well priced and looked just like the oem.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by midd66
If you're looking for other options, parts geek has better deals than 160 a pair. Not sure what their rep is on this forum, but I used them for some tail lights on a truck a while back and they were very well priced and looked just like the oem.

Thanks! I totally forgot about partsgeek. Haven't ordered from them in a while. So went today and saw some Capa certified OE ones and got a pair.

I'll put those on and then eventually, I saw a thread about Halogens and replace the bulbs.
Old 01-14-2017, 09:32 PM
I am prepared

I had a bad experience myself on amazon. While trying to install them broke the mounting brackets on both had to scrap them, at least got new bulbs. So I am NOOB to the "capa certified", and "partsgeek.com". After checking them out, the ones I'm looking at are about 70 for the pair. That's what I paid on Amazon. I am wanting new shinny Lights again but Ford Parts can keep there's. Thanks for the info I will consider them next time.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rebel Patriot
I had a bad experience myself on amazon. While trying to install them broke the mounting brackets on both had to scrap them, at least got new bulbs. So I am NOOB to the "capa certified", and "partsgeek.com". After checking them out, the ones I'm looking at are about 70 for the pair. That's what I paid on Amazon. I am wanting new shinny Lights again but Ford Parts can keep there's. Thanks for the info I will consider them next time.
Yep, same thing. I think I got ebay or Amazon. But I was desperate at the time and was one of the first things I had to put on. I couldn't not see at night. It did it's job. I actually ordered mine from RockAuto (certified OEM) cause Partsgeek wouldn't send to my work. They require to send to billing address.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:30 PM
jimmy's vixey

anyone on here have any word on replacing the headlights with LED? i want to get whole new fixtures not just the bulbs. the lens on mine are so clouded even a bright bulb wont help.
also, i hear on another forum somehting about adding led bulbs without resisters will burn up the truck? any word on that? i bought led backup light bulbs(i like my tail lights so i just wanted to replace the bubls there) but now im scared to use them.
thanks guys
Old 03-01-2017, 02:46 PM

Received 260 Likes on 190 Posts

I ordered replacement tail light lens from 'partsgeek'. Good quality, fast shipping and good prices I will use them in the future if I need something my local auto parts store don't have.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:52 PM

Received 324 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by James Hampton
anyone on here have any word on replacing the headlights with LED? i want to get whole new fixtures not just the bulbs. the lens on mine are so clouded even a bright bulb wont help.
also, i hear on another forum somehting about adding led bulbs without resisters will burn up the truck? any word on that? i bought led backup light bulbs(i like my tail lights so i just wanted to replace the bubls there) but now im scared to use them.
thanks guys
I've been using LED's on my backups without any problems for a few months now. They really make a difference too!