Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Removing oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Removing oil pan

I've spent the last 5 hours removing my oil pan to get to my dead oil pump, but have had no luck. I even unbolted my headers and Y-pipe thinking it was in the way but no. It's caught on something inside the pan, presumably the pump. Could someone explain where I'd jack the front of the motor up at to remove the pan? Im told I need to do this but want to make sure where before I break anything. Oh and it's a 5.0L 95 2WD

PS I'm extremely mechanically inclined, but I've never done -this- before
Old 03-15-2011, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaidotech
I've spent the last 5 hours removing my oil pan to get to my dead oil pump, but have had no luck. I even unbolted my headers and Y-pipe thinking it was in the way but no. It's caught on something inside the pan, presumably the pump. Could someone explain where I'd jack the front of the motor up at to remove the pan? Im told I need to do this but want to make sure where before I break anything. Oh and it's a 5.0L 95 2WD

PS I'm extremely mechanically inclined, but I've never done -this- before

he he you have the typical 5.0 oil pan gasket leak no? Me too -- I ahavent got around to fixing mine proper -- but word on the street is the loose oil pan hangs up on the oil tube - you must 'blindly' undo the two bolts on this 'pick up tube'

Jack the motor before hand by placing wood under the oil pan then jam wedges under the motor mounts -- this should give you clearance to pull the pan...

Quick Reply: Removing oil pan