Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Questions for guys with bench seats!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Questions for guys with bench seats!

Before I go down in a few days and pull myself a bench seat from the junkyard, I just had a few questions that maybe someone can answer on here who owns a truck with a benchseat. Either the solid back w/armrest and headrests, or the 50/50 split benchseat with no armrest and has headrests.

1. Can you slide the benchseat forward and back to adjust your space from the steer wheel?

2. is the backrest angle of the benchseat adjustable?

3. on the model with the fold down armrest, is there anything behind the armrest when you fold it down or is there a wall?

4. Finally, on the 50/50 benchseat, are both sides independently backrest adjustable? Say if I want to be reclined, can my passenger's side be more upright if they want it?

Thanks in advance for the help guys! I cant find anyone local with a benchseat to ask, everyone has buckets (including me previously).
Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my truck has the 50/50 and its not split on the part that you sit on. the whole bench seat moves (including passenger) when adjusting and you cant adjust it to lean back or anything. only forward to get access to the back of the cab. id go with the one with flip up center arm rest
Old 02-18-2010, 11:39 AM

93' XLT- Solid Back w/armrest and headrests.

The seat does slide forward and backwards. I'm not sure about reclining as I have it all the way back and never tried to adjust forward. Mine does have independent lumbar controls on the driver and passenger side.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by Joepbj
93' XLT- Solid Back w/armrest and headrests.

The seat does slide forward and backwards. I'm not sure about reclining as I have it all the way back and never tried to adjust forward. Mine does have independent lumbar controls on the driver and passenger side.
Lumbar support? Crap! That sure would be nice on my 700 mi. non-stop Oregon runs! Much as I hate boneyards, looks like another adventure in my future. The occasional tuffs of hair & scalp fused into shattered windshields still creeps me out. Keeps me wearing my seatbelt though! Not that I think a part from a "Fatal" will jinks my truck, but..............ok, maybe I do! (Damn you, PCM Relay from HELL!!!!) There's plenty of "cash for clunkers" there now anyway. Those trucks are only victims of opportunity!

Last edited by ymeski56; 02-18-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:08 PM

1. the solid bench does slide back and forth

2. the angle is not adjustable, mine is always all the way back due to me
being 6'5"

3.behind the armrest is a thin plastic board the covers the whole backside
of the seat, there are like 6 push tabs that hold it on
Old 02-18-2010, 02:11 PM

Default Buckets with center console

I have 95 f-150 with buckets and ceter console. its great best of both worlds head rest plus arm rest but can always lift it up for the bench or extra seat. Works great love it
Old 02-18-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SOlid BEnchMine slides forward together as one seat. You can flip the seat forward towards the steering wheel to acess the space between the seat.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:57 PM

Wow! Thanks for the great replies guys. I'm def going with the Solid back w/ armrest and adjustable headrests. Not sure about the back of the seat not being adjustable though, I like to sit upright in my seat.

I'm also getting one of these for it, you guys might be interested for your truck, its awesome (every seat offered for the F150 has real leather, fake leather or cloth custom molded seat covers that fit like stock and dont have wrinkles or creases!):

http://www.carcoverplanet.com/1995-f...at-covers.html
Old 02-18-2010, 03:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont worry about how the seat sits. Mine sits you up pretty upright. Im sure its the same for all
Old 02-18-2010, 03:31 PM

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

it's gonna be hard to find a seat from the 80-96 range that won't fit. my dad's 96 has the buckets with the center console that folds up into a 3rd seat. they have lumbar support & built in (non adjustable highback) headrest. really good seat / console option imo. they seats go back & forth & can recline too.

2 biggest obstacles will be finding something in a matching color in the style you want & ones that aren't ruined from rain / stains / other damage.

Quick Reply: Questions for guys with bench seats!