Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Need help with fixing advise

Old 10-01-2015, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with fixing advise

Hey everyone, I have a 96' F-150XLT, I have a few problems that I'd like to address sometime in the future..
  1. Wiper Motor does not function, it has power going to it, but it's not pumping.. I replaced it once, although after a day or so it stops working..
  2. The bed is crooked..

If anyone would like to help I'd be very thankful.. No idea what to do about these issues.. :$
Old 10-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

wiper motor or fluid pump? Wiper motor with power at the unit = bad motor. Replacement can be junk and fail rapidly. Washer fluid pump should be easy to replace, same theory applies.

as to the bed being crooked...you need to measure and check for square, the frame. Or at least the back half. Some twine and a rafter square will work. Plumb bob and chalk on a flat concrete spot will work as well. FInd two body mounts towards the front and two as far back as you can. Twine in an "X" from right to left should be equal to the other one.

Plumb bob dropped from the 4 points and a solid mark made on the concrete, then measure them one side front to the other side back and vice versa (same "X" pattern as the twine method). They too, should be equal.

If not that will explain the bed being crooked, most likely. The bed could be sitting on some bad mounts, or the tabs it sits on, rusting out. There is an inch or so of "adjustment" if the frame is square.

You might check the bed, first (same was as above, only easier)...just in case it was racked somewhere along the way.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

If the box is up and down crooked check your crossers on the bottom of the box for rust. Or shims might be required.
If it's a side to side in relation to the cab crooked you should be able to loosen the bolts and straighten it out. Someone may have taken it off to work on the frame or gas tanks and put it back on crooked.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with fixing advise