Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Need Help!! 94 I6 to an 87 I6 4spd swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!! 94 I6 to an 87 I6 4spd swap

To anyone that's willing to help me out here. I've being doing alot of research here but still couldn't find the answers I'm looking for. One I am replacing my 87 I6 with a 94 I6 both are manual. Problem I have is that the 87 I bought had smog pump delete along with all the emissions hoses air pump. etc. EGR valve was left attached with no block off plate. the exhaust man. was plugged and so was everything else. Tuck still has the Cat attached. Truck ran like crap so I opened her up and found 3 bent pushrods. So I bought a I6 off a 94. My question is, since I don't have all the EGR emissions stuff, will it plug and play? I'm using the manifold off the 87 since it's plugged. I'm blocking off the EGR valve along with everything needs to. I'm also removing my Cat. Last question is, are the stock injectors rated the same from 87-94? Thanks first time poster have a little patience. Thanks
Old 03-11-2019, 09:08 PM

Received 132 Likes on 122 Posts

I do believe that everything should be just about the same. I know that the 94 will have a mass air flow sensor, while the 89 wont, so there could be a few other minor differences in the wiring.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shagg
I do believe that everything should be just about the same. I know that the 94 will have a mass air flow sensor, while the 89 wont, so there could be a few other minor differences in the wiring.
Thanks, but i will just use all the sensors and harness from the 87. Good to know the fuel injectors will work. I thought they were graded 19#lbs. Ill find out I guess. One thing I did notice was 2 rockers are slightly just a little loose.

Quick Reply: Need Help!! 94 I6 to an 87 I6 4spd swap