Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Master cylinder (brakes)

Old 06-03-2012, 10:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Master cylinder (brakes)

Does anyone have a diagram on the master cylinder? I was taking mine apart to clean, and it all came flying out at me. Also, if someone could tell me the correct lock ring size that would be great. Lost that somewhere. All hell has broke loose with this damn thing lol.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 502 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by matthew13sanderson
Does anyone have a diagram on the master cylinder? I was taking mine apart to clean, and it all came flying out at me. Also, if someone could tell me the correct lock ring size that would be great. Lost that somewhere. All hell has broke loose with this damn thing lol.
Just buy a rebuild kit you realy should not reuse the rubber parts anyway the kit will have instructions and a new lock ring. Also if its a cast iron cylinder you should hone the bore if its an aluminum or composit cylinder you would be better off to just buy a new or rebuilt part. never give the benifit of doubt to brake parts
Old 06-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Springer Spaniels Rule

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

reman,s are about $25.00, w\o reservoir, might be the best thing to do, this way there is also a warranty in case it doesnt work down the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Master cylinder (brakes)