Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

I need help with headers

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I need help with headers

Trying to find headers for my 1994 Ford F-150 5.0 v8 efi 2wd automatic transmission. Found out I had a leak in my passenger side manifold and wanted to just upgrade to headers instead of going ahead and putting manifolds back on I was wanting something that will hook up to the factory y pipes. Went to O'Reillys ( only because I was trying to get them done in a hurry and didn't have time to wait on shipping) and they sold me some they said would fit but after getting there I got long pipes that were to long for factory y pipes. I was looking to stay under $250 any ideas I have seen a lot that look like the would fit but they keep turning up as the 5.8l which I don't know if they will fit my truck. And the ones for the 5.0 are all mfi which again I'm not sure if they will fit. I think shortys are my only option for factory y pipes.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:24 PM

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

Shorties are the only headers that will work with an unmodified factory y pipe. There are plenty of places that sell shorties for these trucks. But you're going to have to order them. The chances of finding a local store that has them is pretty slim.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Crownman
Shorties are the only headers that will work with an unmodified factory y pipe. There are plenty of places that sell shorties for these trucks. But you're going to have to order them. The chances of finding a local store that has them is pretty slim.
I got
PaceSetter Headers 70-1322. Called the company and they said it would fit so hopefully they will only problem I was really having was finding ones that matched my truck
Old 06-21-2015, 11:36 PM

If you go on jegs.com they have a huge selection and for very cheap

Quick Reply: I need help with headers