Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

how do i adjust my clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how do i adjust my clutch?

i have a 88f150 4x4 5spd im working on for my boss. i replace the top of the shifter last night since its been really sloppy for a long time and stopped going into reverse. its nice and tight now, shift great into every gear easy now but refuses to go int reverse at all and there seems to be alot of play in the clutch petal, i think the assembly of the pedal box it worn out so it has a half inch of slop in it not disengaging the clutch fully enough to allow it to be put into reverse. i was under the truck and looked at the clutch travel and its not very much. this is a hydralic clutch, i see no adjustment so what do i do? or is there another reason it wont go into reverse?any advice would be appreciated . thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i see theres alot of action here in this forum, anyone wanna tell me a good forum to post in to find out what i need to know???thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 08:10 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Since its hydrolic there is no adjustment for the clutch pedal. Check it for leaks. Look at the slave cylinder. If its wet at all then there may be air in th elines. Check the master cylinder by looking under the dash where the clutch pedal connects an goes thru the firewall. If thats wet then the master cyl is bad. If both of them are dry then the clutch itself needs to be replaced.

Quick Reply: how do i adjust my clutch?