Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

!!help!! New to fords

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!help!! New to fords

well, im relatively new to working on fords, in the past i have been more a gm guy, but anyway, i Acquired a 93 f150 ex cab short box with a rebuilt 351w e40d tranny, anyway, i never had to do anything to it, it ran great and drove great, veyr reliable. anyway, i was hit and it messed up the bumper, right side of front axle, fender, inner fender, doof, side of box, basically destroying the pickup, anyway, i bought a parts truck dirt cheap, its an alabama truck, no rust, short box regular cab, the pickups body is in much better shape the my old truck, its a 95 with a mass air flow 302, the motor has the same firing order as my 351, which i am told is odd, but not knowing fords i have no idea, anyway, the motor in the truck was filled with water instead of coolant so it messed up alot of things, anyway, i decided to just put parts off my 93 onto the 95, small parts to get it working good, anyway, the 302 is proving to be a huge pain in the ***, just as soon as i think i have leaks fixed, more just keep poppong up, anyway, the question is, will the 351w in my 93 bolt up to the 4r70w tranny, what kind of things would i need off the 93 to make it work, would i want to use the mass air frow sensor, or the map sednsor, any help will be appreciated. thanx
Old 09-07-2009, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The transmission will bolt up to either engine. I am not that familiar with the computer systems on these so I do not know it the latter model computer will keep up with the larger engine, I believe it should since it meters the air into the engine rather than the air pressure and temperature and compares those reading to a built in chart to determine the air used.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanx, my main concern is making sure it will bolt up, since my 302 i have in it has the same firing order as the 351 im puttomg in it, i wouldn't think it would matter about the computer, another thing, will i have to get a mass air flow intake, or will the 302's bolt up??

Quick Reply: !!help!! New to fords