Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

fuel pump wont run

Old 05-21-2010, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel pump wont run

hey I'm having a problem with the fuel system on my 1991 ford f-150 truck(it wont run)...when you turn the key on the fuel pump wont make any noise and we know its not the pump cause we replaced the thing not to long ago...could it be the relay...and does anyone know how to test the relay to see if its any good?
Old 05-22-2010, 12:49 AM

alright i went and checked the relay is it OK it still works but i think the pumps don't have a ground cause the system has power all the way from the relay to the plug on the fender then goes back to the dual tanks but the tanks don't have power...anyone know of where the ground for the pumps are located
Old 05-22-2010, 03:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

check the fuel cut off switch or inertia switch they are a problem and you can manualy bost the pump with 1 wire take the relay out and touch i think yellow to black but if not i would look it up on the manual im not in front of my truck but i know you can jump it
Old 05-22-2010, 10:09 AM

The relay doesn't have a black wire but i kinda don't want to cross anything on the relay cause if i cross the wrong thing is will let the smoke out of the computer and that wouldn't be good...if anyone had a wiring diagram for the fuel pumps that would help a lot...also i checked the inertia switch i cant tell if its good or not all i know is that it wasnt tripped and i cant get a test light to even light up right now im really stumped and if i cant figure it out im gonna just haul the truck to town and let them deal with the thing

Last edited by Mcrib; 05-22-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fuel pump wont run