Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Front anti sway bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front anti sway bar

I'm looking for a front anti-sway bar for my '96 F-150. Its been lowered 3/5 with DJM Dream Beams and an axle flip.

I've installed a factory rear set up, but now I need something for the front. Is there an aftermarket kit available, that does not require the factory hardware?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 PM
GIGGITY

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Lmc has various sway bar kits
Old 09-04-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I have the same 3/5 drop with dream beams and axle flip done to my 94 f150 2wd longbed. I do not have any sway bars installed on mine, and i would like to know how easy it is to install them on the front and rear.

Would something like this be good?

http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1..._bars/hellwig/

If so, how easy it is to install them, and do I have to drill any holes or make any modifications to do so?

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I feel like we want to know almost the same thing.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:09 PM

James, I used a stock rear anti swar bar set up, that I got at a salvage yard for $10.00... It bolts right in without any mods at all. Just be sure that you get all the parts if you go that route.

Thanks for the link to the Hellwig set up. They're not open today to answer a phone call, so I dont know if that will work without the factory mounting parts. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. Thanks again...
Old 09-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

axle flip?...... more info and pics please.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:55 PM

Brian, the axle flip puts the rear axle, on top of the springs. I chose to do this because not only did the truck look like a mad scorpion, but I wanted the look of a racing truck. That explains the framework in the bed if anybody was curious. The lid and spoiler are being made up, as well as a new airdam style bumper...

Its just two brackets. I chose to replace the spring center bolts when I did mine. All you do is jack it up till the wheels just lift up, undo the driveline, remove the u-bolts & rear spring pins, roll the axle out, drop the springs downand roll the axle back in. The brackets did need to have the center pin holes drilled, but that was no big deal. Re install the u-bolts, with the new brackets, reinstall the spring pins & driveline, torque everything down.

It brings the rear end down about 5 inches. Because of this you will need to replace the rear shocks to something shorter.

The front end was lowered by replacing the "I" beams. That drops the front 3 inches...
Old 09-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Are my eyes red?

I won't do this, but I wonder how my 94 bronco would look like that...
Old 09-04-2011, 10:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OK thunder thanks alot. Im gonna find some rear sway bars in a junkyard around here somewhere. Looking forward to hearing from you about the front sway bars, cause thats the missing piece to our puzzle
Old 09-06-2011, 07:14 PM

Aw'right... So I called Andys Autosport about the front sway bar, they told me that the kit requires the original factory mounting hardware...

So back to square one and the original question... Is there an aftermarket kit available, that does not require the factory hardware?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:29 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

What is the problem with the factory one? Why can't you use the factory mounting hardware?

Quick Reply: Front anti sway bar