Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 10:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default a few questions

alright guys I got a few questions for you, im swaping out a 93 351 into my faiences cousins 92 f150 with the 5.0 both have E4ODs I know I have to swap computers but I read some where that the Exhaust is higher on the 351 and it needs a new exhaust is this true? second question is I have some front and back sway bars off a 92 f150 4x4 I know the rear will work but is there anyway to get the front to work? Do the sway bars really help enough to make them worth the swap? and last question is my A/C quit working a while back my condenser gets cold it just blows hot air all the lines are cold and it has Freon thanks for any help in advance
Old 06-27-2015, 11:36 PM
Drive like you stole it

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

You will need a different y-pipe. The 351 is just a bit wider I believe.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:32 AM

I guess im gonna have to get under there and measure it and see from everything else ive heard its a pretty easy swap
Old 06-28-2015, 01:33 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Definitely the Y pipe. A 351 is about 3" wider at the intake level, and higher. That's the main difference you'll run into. Do some research on that computer. 92 was speed density with bank fire so that computer may run the 351 ok.
Rear sway bar on a 4x4 is usually mounted on a bracket below the frame and the 2wd those 2 bolts move up into the 2 holes in the frame itself. The holes are already there in all the frames.
The front should swap right over, you may need shorter links where it connects to the piece that goes under the spring, Those 2 pieces that go under the coil will be a bitch to change.
Do they make a difference ? Definitely. Takes the lean out of cornering and makes the truck much more stable when trailering or hauling any weight as well. They come standard on the trailer towing package.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:14 PM

well that sucks about the y pipe I was really hoping to get away with just dropping the motor in and bolting everything up, oh well looks like ill have to cut the y pipe off the 351s donor truck and put it on the other truck and thanks for the info and on the sway bars I looked under the donor truck and seen them and a few other goodies im gonna install on my truck, if I ever get some time lol

Quick Reply: a few questions