Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

F150 clutch feels too light

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default F150 clutch feels too light

I have a 1995 f150 and my clutch pedal feels too light and has almost no return pressure. About 6 months ago my clutch slave cylinder went out so I replaced that, the clutch, and the flywheel. Once that was done everything worked good and the clutch felt great but the truck was shaking because the new flywheel I put in was imbalanced. I had to drop everything out again and returned the flywheel and that clutch because I didn't want to take any chances. I bought another one of the same type of clutch (luk heavy duty) but this type I decided to have the original flywheel resurfaced and used that. I was having a real hard time bleeding the clutch the second time around so I went and installed a new master cylinder as well so everything would be brand new. I eventually got it blead out and it goes into gear just fine. I have been driving it like this for about 6 months. Like I said, it goes into gear just fine and it seems to be depressing all the way but the pedal feels terrible. It is extremely light all the way through the full range of motion and the return pressure is almost non existent. I have tried bleeding it again a couple times since with no change in the way it feels. Also, when I first drive the truck in the morning it feels a little better, but gets noticeably lighter as the truck heats up. Not sure what to do now as it really bothers me every time I drive the truck. Should I try putting the original master cylinder back in? Could there still somehow be air trapped in the system? Would really appreciate any suggestions!
Old 06-02-2018, 09:53 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

New parts are not necessarily better. What is the brand, PN, & source for each new part?

Read this thread & the links in it:
https://www.f150forum.com/f89/clutch...7255-new-post/

Quick Reply: F150 clutch feels too light