Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 01:12 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default exhaust questions

its been awhile since i made a post, just looking for some input. after i spent a week working on my truck i noticed that my exhaust is all jacked up. the welds before the muffler broke, causing it to hang against the bed there is definately a leak at the broken welds. i know i could clean up the pipe and weld it back up the way it was. but why not make it sound better, and maybe get some better flow with it. so tell me in your guys opinions what muffler should i put on. i have a straight six, so i know it wont sound like a v8. but i do want it to sound better.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a thrush muffler and stock exhaust pipe. One of my cats are hollowed out and the other one is stock and it sounds good. I got a video about it.

Forget about the part where I say I have a flow master exhaust. Idk what I was thinking. You get to hear the exhaust around the end of the video.
The following users liked this post:
jaytperry (12-03-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 10:24 PM
It's a Canadian thing eh!

Received 195 Likes on 188 Posts

If you are keeping the cats, just cut off the muffler and put a side pipe in front of the rear tire. Sounds much better without a muffler IMO.
The following users liked this post:
jaytperry (12-03-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 12:10 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i do want to run the tail pipe in front of the tire, hell that would save me money instead of buying a muffler i could probley fab that up this weekend. i had a 94 2x4 before my 96, i had my muffler rot away, so i put a cherry bomb on it with clamps, definately didnt work any time i hit a hole( in fort drum ny try and find a road without hundreds of holes) the damn thing would fall off. i think ill go with your advise sylver91 just cut out the muffler and weld it back up

Quick Reply: exhaust questions