Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Driver Side Sits Higher Than Passenger Side

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Dailydriving300ci-of-fury

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Driver Side Sits Higher Than Passenger Side

What's up guys. Got a quick question, and I'm wondering if any of y'all have had any similar issues. Installed my 6" RC kit, no problems at all, rides great, got the truck aligned, no problems. Only thing, and call me crazy, but the truck sits about 1.5"-2" higher on the driver side and it's driving me kinda nuts. I tried flexing a good bit and taking the truck down some gravel roads to see if it settles. No luck. I'm gonna get the truck on some jack stands and take the spring loose and check over everything to make sure the spring isn't sitting ****-eyed on top of the spring perch when I get some time. Just seeing what you guys suggest. I didn't take the time to measure before and after the lift so I don't have any numbers right now, sorry. Haha. But just seeing what y'all may have in mind to assist me. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:25 PM

Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts

well to be sure you could measure from tire to fender on both sides to make sure your not seeing stuff lol
The following users liked this post:
65mechanic (03-26-2014)
Old 03-26-2014, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by flareside crazy
well to be sure you could measure from tire to fender on both sides to make sure your not seeing stuff lol
Lol. That's definitely an idea. But it's pretty noticeable. I'm fixing to get some numbers on my flat driveway and go about un and re-installing the driver side spring. The passenger side sits way nicer.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:39 AM

dang I hope your not going to have to pay for another alignment
Old 03-27-2014, 09:56 AM

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Typical Rough Country jk
Old 03-27-2014, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by flareside crazy
dang I hope your not going to have to pay for another alignment
Actually haven't paid for the first one yet I gotta get new radius arm bushings in to fix my caster. Guy told me to fix it, come back, and re-check it.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ford 4x4
Typical Rough Country jk
I swear you follow me around to troll Rough Country. Hahah.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by 65mechanic
Actually haven't paid for the first one yet I gotta get new radius arm bushings in to fix my caster. Guy told me to fix it, come back, and re-check it.

oh well that's good I cant think of a reason that would cause this man hope you figure it out
Old 03-27-2014, 12:05 PM

Received 55 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 65mechanic
I swear you follow me around to troll Rough Country. Hahah.
Hahahaha nah I figured I would just give a little crap.... but idk what would cause that. Do you have dual shocks or singles? When I did my duals they are different sizes. Otherwise maybe they gave you a 4 inch coil spring and a 6? does it sit 2 inches higher just in the front or in the front and the back?

Last edited by Ford 4x4; 03-27-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ford 4x4
Hahahaha nah I figured I would just give a little crap.... but idk what would cause that. Do you have dual shocks or singles? When I did my duals they are different sizes. Otherwise maybe they gave you a 4 inch coil spring and a 6? does it sit 2 inches higher just in the front or in the front and the back?
I've got single shocks up front. The rear sits about level, but I think the front is leaning the whole truck on that one side. I'm gonna try and do a swap/switch with the springs and see if the problem moves to the other side. But that's a thought that they sent me a 6 inch and a 4 inch coil and it's sitting weird, but if I had the drop brackets set for 6 inches, wouldn't a 4 inch coil make the camber way off? And wouldn't they springs be different lengths? (They were exactly the same out of the box) The alignment guy checked the camber and it was pretty even on both sides. Said the tires are gonna wear perfect. So idk. I'm gonna try and mess with them when I get some free time and see if I can get em to set even and give Rough Country a call if I can't.

Quick Reply: Driver Side Sits Higher Than Passenger Side