Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Driveability issues 95 F150 4.9

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 06:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Driveability issues 95 F150 4.9

Started having some issues with my truck today and want to know what direction to start looking. Was driving today and the truck had a decent power loss when accelerating. Still ran smooth and sounded fine, but had no power.

Later on when I'm about to get out of work, I start the truck up to let it warm up. Go out 5 minutes later and the truck isn't running. It starts right back up no problem. I rev it up a little, and it seems to stumble at certain rpms. Seemed to smooth out after a minute or two.

I leave work to go home and it is running horrible when accelerating. I could barely get over 20 mph. It was bucking really bad, and no throttle response. Still seemed to run fine in nuetral when I reved it up. I pull into a parking lot to turn around. Decided to switch fuel tanks to see if it makes a difference. Runs great after I did that. I decide to drive it home and it did fine. I switched tanks again to see if problem was still there. It was better, but still seemed to have a slight power loss.

I am kinda leaning towards a fuel pump is dieing and wanted to hear other opinions. There is no check engine light on. I do want this problem to pop up again and make sure switching tanks will stop the issues. I never thought to do it while it was happening, only while at idle. One thing I have noticed is the fuel pump has made a whining noise since I've had it.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd check fuel pressure on each tank
Old 01-05-2014, 08:45 AM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

My trucks been doing the same thing but I do have a check engine light.. I'm gonna replace my fuel filter and see it it fixes it but if not I know it's the fuel pump

Quick Reply: Driveability issues 95 F150 4.9