Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Code 57?? How to test?? Octane adjust service pin in use / circuit grounded

Old 12-10-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Code 57?? How to test?? Octane adjust service pin in use / circuit grounded

Old man winter sat in and starting messing with my truck. Went out yesterday to start and let warm up, and wouldnt stay cranked. It started fine, and was idling, I went in house and coupel minutes later could here it surging. Figure it was time to clean IAC again, so didnt pay it no mind, cause ussally it catches itself and idles. It stalled and when I went out to recrank, wouldnt stay running, unless I held pedal down little. And every time I would let it try to idle on its own would surge few times and die. At that time no CE light was on. SO I held pedal to keep it running and about minute later CE comes one and she starts running rough. Check code with jumper wire and get KOEO code 57, Octane adjust service pin in use / circuit grounded

truck is 1994 F-150 with 302/4r70w,,,

Checked All Data but it doesnt have a test procedure for code 57 for my truck, the codes start at 111. Thought somewhere I read when searching yesterday, that it was a bad ground, so I checked cable and mine was rubbed bare and corded in a spot. So replaced ground cable and thought it was fine but CE light came back on. But on POS note truck does cranks better now...Thought start was getting weak

Cleaned IAC out and she will idle on her on now, but CE light is still coming on, and smell liek she is running little on rich side.

Just trying all and anything to getting truck back in tip-top shape. Just need to get her right and make it til the new year. Have 351 swap in the works for it.

Other items I've tried/checked so far, some are from search of yesterday, and some I was trying to see if it help/works.

cleaned EGR,
FP is 38# w/vac, 40-41# w/o,
fuel filter is bout 8-9 months old,
cap/rotor bout 2 months,
Swapped dist with know good one,
swapped spout connecter out,
new gorund cable,
tried different EVP sensor, (EGR valve positon)
also tried another solenoid that controls EGR( where VAC lins hook),

Any tips or test procedures will be greatly appreciated..
Old 12-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Are my eyes red?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you clear the codes after you got her running again? she might be in 'limp mode'
Old 12-10-2010, 10:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Bronc
did you clear the codes after you got her running again? she might be in 'limp mode'

Yea, I had battery unhooked when I cleaned the IAC, and also had it unhooked when I cleaned the EGR. I was doing one thing at a time, so if I find problem can pass info one if anyone ever post about this later.

Couple things I did today, were;

New TPS sensor, set voltage to .085v with key on engine off,
Cleaned both main engine hanress connector and EEC 60 pin connector with electrical cleaner and lubed with dielectic grease. Also removed and cleaned surface and eyelet of ground by EEC tester. Figured that was the EEC ground.

Had another FP regulater I was sdwapped to test, but it wasnt any good. Came off the 351 rails.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Code 57?? How to test?? Octane adjust service pin in use / circuit grounded