Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Clutch/Brake Pedal assembly, OEM

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 11:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Clutch/Brake Pedal assembly, OEM

The clutch/brake pedal assembly on my 1996 Ford F150 has worn out. I have found several online that are available, one is from Amazon. But I can not determine that the part they have for sale is the correct part number for my truck. Amazon has an F3TZ2455-A in stock but says it is for an F250 & F350. When I input my truck spec's, F150- 4.9L, it advises the part will not fit the F-150. I think that's wrong. The other suppliers list my truck but not the 4.9l only 5.0L and up. SO if anyone has an OEM part number for 1996 F150, 4.9l, brake and clutch pedal assembly, i would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I still think the F3TZ2455-A. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:44 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

The part number you listed will work for the F150 too.

If you want to save some money you can just by the bushings for the pedal assembly and rebuild it. I think I paid 50-ish for new bushings and a new pedal lever (the one that links the pedal assembly to the master cylinder). Feels brand new again.
The following users liked this post:
needshave (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 10:01 AM

Default Clutch and Brake Assembly

Originally Posted by BLDTruth
The part number you listed will work for the F150 too.

If you want to save some money you can just by the bushings for the pedal assembly and rebuild it. I think I paid 50-ish for new bushings and a new pedal lever (the one that links the pedal assembly to the master cylinder). Feels brand new again.
Thanks, BLDTruth, I have NAPA checking to see if they can get the parts you talked about. I will probably need to get a new bushing for the Clutch to foot pedal as well. Do you remember what you used for that? SO far all I find is an assortment pack offered for the 96, buy and hope it fits approach. Typically I'm not very lucky with that.

Thanks again....
Old 04-23-2018, 12:37 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

The pedal assembly is NOT different for each engine or chassis weight; only for auto/manual, and 2 year ranges (within this forum's range). There were a few minor changes from '92-97, but they're interchangeable (among all autos, or all manuals of those years). The PN you posted is correct for your truck. This & the NEXT 6 pics show how I fixed mine:

(phone app link)

I'm about to do another one today or tomorrow (when it stops raining)...
needshave (04-24-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 04:47 PM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by needshave
Thanks, BLDTruth, I have NAPA checking to see if they can get the parts you talked about. I will probably need to get a new bushing for the Clutch to foot pedal as well. Do you remember what you used for that? SO far all I find is an assortment pack offered for the 96, buy and hope it fits approach. Typically I'm not very lucky with that.

Thanks again....
See Steve's comments above and this:

http://www.dieselhub.com/maintenance/92-97-pedal-bushings.html

Has all the info and part numbers.
needshave (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 10:02 AM

Default Clutch and brake pedal RR

Originally Posted by Steve83
The pedal assembly is NOT different for each engine or chassis weight; only for auto/manual, and 2 year ranges (within this forum's range). There were a few minor changes from '92-97, but they're interchangeable (among all autos, or all manuals of those years). The PN you posted is correct for your truck. This & the NEXT 6 pics show how I fixed mine:

(phone app link)

I'm about to do another one today or tomorrow (when it stops raining)...
Thanks so much, Steve, that is a tremendous help! I mean tremendous! It looks like one is going to be standing on ones head to pull this beast out. Did you pull the seat out or just tough it out? I'm not where the truck is right now, but removing the steering shaft is a bit concerning. I don't have access to the truck right now to look at it, so I'm a bit concerned how all that comes about. Thanks so much.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:06 AM

Default brake and clutch pedal assembly

Originally Posted by BLDTruth
See Steve's comments above and this:

http://www.dieselhub.com/maintenance...-bushings.html

Has all the info and part numbers.
Thanks, BLDTruth that's a big help, I have looked at Steves comments and about to look at the dieselhub link you sent, thanks again.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:54 PM

I'm 255#, ~6'2" - I just leaned against the threshold and removed it a few minutes ago. I might have rolled onto my back for a moment to get the wiring tucked out of the way before pulling the pedal box, but it's just not that difficult when you look at & think about what you're doing. That link mentions twisting & yanking the box out - mine both came down in their normal orientations. When the clutch MC studs clear the firewall, the box will slide straight down, and out. Maybe they didn't get the brake & clutch pushrods and the steering shaft pushed out of the firewall, but it's obviously easier with them out, and it's easy to push them out. This photo album is what I did today:
https://www.supermotors.net/registry/23144/87473-2
Old 04-24-2018, 09:29 PM

Default Clutch ad brake pedal Assembly

Originally Posted by Steve83
I'm 255#, ~6'2" - I just leaned against the threshold and removed it a few minutes ago. I might have rolled onto my back for a moment to get the wiring tucked out of the way before pulling the pedal box, but it's just not that difficult when you look at & think about what you're doing. That link mentions twisting & yanking the box out - mine both came down in their normal orientations. When the clutch MC studs clear the firewall, the box will slide straight down, and out. Maybe they didn't get the brake & clutch pushrods and the steering shaft pushed out of the firewall, but it's obviously easier with them out, and it's easy to push them out. This photo album is what I did today:
https://www.supermotors.net/registry/23144/87473-2
Steve...You're the man! Thanks for all that Information. That will help a tremendous amount. The truck is about 25 miles from me and I hope to get there and start on it Thursday of this week. Not sure about the steering column though, is it collapsable so it can be collapsed back toward the steering wheel when you remove the locking bolt? Did you mark the location of the Sttering shafr to the yoke or is it pretty much self locating as long as the steering wheel and wheels are kept in the straight ahead location.

I really appreciate your efforts to help me with this!!
Old 04-24-2018, 11:17 PM

...the steering column though, is it collapsable...
"Telescopic" - yes, all modern columns are, since maybe ~1975.
...it can be collapsed back toward the steering wheel when you remove the locking bolt?
No, the intermediate shaft telescopes forward, toward the steering box & out the firewall, like the pushrods.
Did you mark the location of the Sttering shafr to the yoke or is it pretty much self locating as long as the steering wheel and wheels are kept in the straight ahead location.
It only fits 1 way, so as long as you don't spin either side more than 1/2 turn (you shouldn't spin either at all), it will be obvious. Keep the steering wheel locked - if you spin it on a '94-96 truck, you can damage the clock spring.

(phone app link)

Quick Reply: Clutch/Brake Pedal assembly, OEM