Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Body lift DIY gap guards?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body lift DIY gap guards?

Just put on a body lift on my 2 wheeler And am planing to make my own gap guards by going to home depot and picking some garden liner or something any suggestions? and where do i drill the guards to the frame or what? if you could send pics of where you guys screwed em in it'd help me alot thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Body lift DIY gap guards?-truck-body-lift-800x299-.jpg  
Old 07-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Off road rebel

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice lookin truck! I tried garden edging but I gave up. I can't remember what I had such a hard time with.i wound up using winter guard. It's an adhesive roll that is very easy to cut and it seals that area tight.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used semi mud flaps there were ten bucks a piece at farm and fleet. Bought two of them cut them to fit and did the front and rear both sides.Just drilled holes through the flap and where i wanted it on the truck and bolted it on.
You can kinda see in this pic how i did the front. If your interested how i did the back or would like more pics i can take some for you tommorrow when i get of work. Let me know
Old 07-23-2012, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamst
I used semi mud flaps there were ten bucks a piece at farm and fleet. Bought two of them cut them to fit and did the front and rear both sides.Just drilled holes through the flap and where i wanted it on the truck and bolted it on.
You can kinda see in this pic how i did the front. If your interested how i did the back or would like more pics i can take some for you tommorrow when i get of work. Let me know
if you could thatd be awesome! im more worried about doing the rear then the front

Quick Reply: Body lift DIY gap guards?