Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Been able to do some work on my truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 05:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Been able to do some work on my truck

Unfortunately I've relocated throughout AZ quite a bit and havent had the chance to do much work on my truck. But since kicking my girlfriend out, Ive actually been able to do some stuff. I screwed some stuff up when I put in a rebuilt e4od like smog and other vacuum stuff. But I finally took a week to let it sit while I tore everything apart down to the manifold. I planned on doing the manifold gasket as its been my only leak but once I broke a bolt, I put it back together until I get the money for an extractor kit and new hardware. I resmogged the truck as I was seeing only 6-8 mpg around town even if I was easy on it. (Measured by filling a tank, switching, and resetting my trip until I ran out). the best I got was 7.5. since resmogging, ive increased to my normal 12-14. In the process of removing everything, I broke quite a few connectors for the wiring harness spent $30 for a used one that I cleaned, resheathed, and taped it making it water tight again. I also had the wobbly steering column problem to which I spent the $100 at the u-pick-it here for the column, shifter (my pin was worn and super loose), and steering wheel... all from a 95. I like the look of the airbagged steering wheels better than the frownie ones. i still have some minor things to do before I head to the dreaded body work. This includes redoing all my vacuum lines (which have proven to be really easy once you have them apart 10-20 times), that manifold gasket, and cooling system components. But even though I havent been able to do much of the things I want to do, I figured I'd post some things that I have done. Letting everyone know I'm still alive rocking my 93 5.8 with 217000 miles and no oil burning.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:10 PM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

Well done - its amazing how kicking out the girlfriend frees up time, money, and mental health eh?
Old 04-20-2016, 11:27 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BLDTruth
Well done - its amazing how kicking out the girlfriend frees up time, money, and mental health eh?
This is very true. I've decided with my next paycheck I'm gonna drop $400 on headers, hardware, and gaskets.
But there lies another question about headers if anyone knows. The smog pump bolts up to the studs through the manifold. Has anyone ever put headers on and kept smog, if so how did you do it?

Quick Reply: Been able to do some work on my truck