Bad compression 3 cylinder - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Bad compression 3 cylinder

Old 02-04-2019, 12:17 PM

Default Bad compression 3 cylinder

Good morning friends, I recently bought a Ford F150 Lariat XL with engine 4.9 6L, the problem is that three cylinders of the engine have a very low compression (3 BAR) and the engine does not stabilize correctly. I have done the test of putting engine oil in the cylinder and retesting the compression and in this way, the compression is good. Then the segments are either stuck or broken. 1.- If they are stuck, how can I release them? 2.- If I have to remove the pistons, can I do it without removing the engine, taking out the crankcase and disengaging the cranks to remove it by the high part removing the stock? I appreciate the comments, greetings.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Bronco Guru

This caption explains how to do a compression test, and how to interpret the results:

(phone app link)

I don't know what you mean by "stabilize", or what "segments" you're talking about. If the piston rings are broken, stuck, or damaged, the engine must be removed & either rebuilt, or replaced.

(phone app link)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad compression 3 cylinder

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: