Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Any advice ( Body Lift )

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any advice ( Body Lift )

I have a full body lift kit from Performance Accesories for my 1994 F150XLT 4x4.

Now I may tackle this over the weekend or not.

But what I am most concerned about is the the cab, how hard is this to do? The short box will be a easy I can see. This is also a 3 inch body lift aswell.

Any advice, pictures of doing this or anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Jeff
Old 04-13-2007, 09:02 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't like body lifts. Since you already have it the best advice I can give you is follow the directions IN ORDER. Don't skip a step. As you finish a step mark it off. The body bolts might break when you take them out. so use alot of PB blaster.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:39 AM

Question

On the front mount I know you retain the rubber under the metal mounts, but what about the rubber that is sandwiched between the cab and the frame? Do I just place the round block in between the cab and the rubber and frame and then stick in the new bolt and nut?

Also since this is an ext cab, I found 6 mounts already, but they keep telling me there is more behind or under the seat in the back, I have looked under the truck as I have oiled all the truck bed ones and the cabs ones twice now, yet I cannot find any that mount the ext part of the cab to the frame? Am I just blind here or what, I cannot see the one just by the door to be the only one for the cab, that would mean there are only 6 mounts to hold the entire cab on.

One last questions, as the kits comes with 3inchx3inch round blocks, 2 of them are 3 inch x say 2 inch, where do the two odd ball ones go, the online instructions tell me nothing, nor do the ones supplied.

This is a Performance Accesory Full Kit if that makes any diff. #823 I beleive.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 04-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

give that company who made the kit a call.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ty
give that company who made the kit a call.
got it all figured out thus far, took a GM guy though lol. Still think it is odd that the cab only has 6 blocks, I almost want to get some hockey pucks and make two new mounts and make a mount and weld the mount onto the frame, drill a hole and voila.. lol

Quick Reply: Any advice ( Body Lift )