Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Air Conditioning stopped blowing through vents

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Obey Propaganda!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Air Conditioning stopped blowing through vents

Hey all.. Had my engine detailed, and upon completion I noticed my air conditioner was not blowing through the vents. I looked around and found a broken vacuum line that had to do with the AC, fixed it, hoping it would work , but it is still not blowing through the vents..

When you turn the AC on you can hear it blow, but not through the vents.

Any idea?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 PM

Received 211 Likes on 191 Posts

Ahhhh, Arizona in summer - whaddya need A/C for? :-)

All seriousness aside - two ideas - the vacuum line sourcing the HVAC panel coming off the intake manifold or the recirc damper vacuum line have been damaged.

Since I don't know your model year, I'll go by mine, recalling from memory - there is a vacuum cluster connector on the intake plenum going to various places, one of these, a small line, feeds the HVAC controls, look for the line that goes through the firewall. The line is small enough that it would likely not affect engine idling or other performance.

The recirc line is typically white, prone to failure, going to the recirc actuator at the evaporator box on the passenger side in the engine compartment. Typically, see normal A/C operation at idle or low load conditions with air being diverted to either the floor or defrost only during low engine vacuum conditions such as acceleration.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning stopped blowing through vents