Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.

Hey,

Im new here, been working alot on a 95 F150 SWB Reg Cab 2wd. 302 5.0 Auto. I have done ALOT to it but have finally made it to the interior, which is trashed I might ad.

I had the regular blue interior. Blue dash, carpets, seat headliner and so on. I will be honest I am not a fan of the blue interior and wanted to get away from it. I got some material, and other stuff and started it today. I have gutted everything except the carpet and seat (which I be using for a few more weeks until I get some new). I have wrapped a good bit of the trim panels and headliner, will be painting some of the dash and accenting some with the camo.

Has anyone here done it? Any pics?

If anyone is interested I have a few pictures I can share.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea that would be cool if you could post the pics and detailing how you did it
Old 11-23-2012, 11:07 PM

Alright here is a little story to go with pictures. Originally I was going to do headliner trim and headliner today. I got them done (not happy with headliner will be doing it over with something different as I just don't care for the black).

I then decided to just tear it down and do it all this weekend. The last picture is how it sits now, will be working on it more tomorrow.

I looked at several different camo designs and patterns, I decided against a traditional mossy oak or realtree as the pattern was too wide spread for what I wanted (just me). I decided to go this route because I know it will be one of a kind and I enjoy camo.

I will have my windows tinted this coming week 5% all around with no strip on the windshield as I am getting it replaced soon due to a crack.

Story behind the truck.

My dad bought it 10 years ago. Put 319K miles on it and motor went out. He put a brand new crate motor in it in 2010, 2 weeks later he lost a tire due to bad wheel bearing so he had the front end rebuilt, 3 months later transmission went out and he went and bought a 09 F250. He parked this truck and never touched it. I offerend him $1000 for it he declined and gave it to me.

I put a new transmission, drive shafts, u joints, torque converter, alternator, radiator, power steering pump, smog pump, exhaust manifolds, 2.5" exhaust, no cats and true dual flowmaster 40's. New interior door handles, ignition switch, tailgate handle, new injectors, 2 new fuel pumps and new tanks, fuel filter, fuel selector switch and more im sure I forgott. Starting driving it last week. I am now tackling the interior.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:17 PM

Fighting with figuring out these pics LOL...

Will have more and better pictures tomorrow evening, hoping to get most of it done, may not have enough material to do it all but we shall see.
Attached Thumbnails 95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-camo-interior-1.jpg   95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-camo-interior-2.jpg   95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-dash-tear-down.jpg  
Old 11-24-2012, 12:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great, cant wait to see it when its done!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Dodge+Ford = always ready

Received 112 Likes on 110 Posts

dont look bad, what are you using to camo?
Old 11-24-2012, 03:46 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cacksmack
Fighting with figuring out these pics LOL...

Will have more and better pictures tomorrow evening, hoping to get most of it done, may not have enough material to do it all but we shall see.
Looks really cool how did you do the camo
Old 11-24-2012, 08:47 AM

Im using some fabric, 3m spray adhesive, hot glue, and sand paper to wrap and secure the camo. Its really easy to wrap but making the cuts properly and in the right places has been interesting but I've done this before.

I seen some people used tap, or 3m sticky skins. The skins fade out and can be a pain to install. Just my opinion.

Thanks everyone hoping it turns out good.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 PM

First 6 Photos, got 5 more and then I will explain.
Attached Thumbnails 95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-1.jpg   95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-2.jpg   95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-3.jpg   95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-4.jpg   95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-5.jpg  

95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-6.jpg  
Old 11-24-2012, 06:54 PM

Alright, I got a good bit done today. I was able to do everything except the passenger door panel, 2 rear corner panels and the 2 kick panels.

The arm rest on the door panel is just temp. until I figure out what I am going to do with it. Im considering fiberglassing something up but still unsure. I think I like it, lol. Kinda wanted some opionions, I do have some corners and such to tuck and blend but thats small stuff.

I am using 3M spray adhesive. Sanding all parts with sandpaper, wiping with alchol, light coat of spray adhesive to both fabric and panel, wrap it and cut it to blend. The door panel was rather tricky and I am still debating pulling out the carpet on the bottom and wrapping it aswell. I would have gotten more done but ran out of fabric. I will probally pick this back up next weekend, hopefully I will get the windows tinted this friday aswell.

I do have a question for someone here with some door handle experience. My inside driver side handle was broken when I got the truck, I replaced it with the panel off and it opened just find, actual open was at the farthest point back but it did open it. Now with the panel on the handle does not go all the way back due to the panel stopping it. Is there a adjustment I can do the the cable or what? HELP! Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-7.jpg   95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-8.jpg   95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-9.jpg   95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-10.jpg   95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.-11.jpg  

Quick Reply: 95 F150 Interior - Camo Wrap, Anyone done it? Just Started Mine.