Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

327 rough idle bucking under load

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 327 rough idle bucking under load

I have a 1993 Ford F-150 that has been idling rough and bucking at low rpms when pushing in the accelerator and symptoms get worse as truck warms up, also consistently getting code 327 evp low voltage. So far I have changed plugs cap and rotor, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, air filter, maf sensor, looked at and inspected EGR valve and sensor (found nothing seemly wrong with ither) also no detectable vacuum leaks! I’m truly stumped and symptoms are growing worse fast! I’m not sure what else to check other than taking the intake manifold off and cleaning any carbon build up which I’d rather not do! Any other ideas before I have to go that route?
thanks
Old 01-10-2019, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Also cleaned IAC

Also clean Iac
Old 01-10-2019, 12:00 PM

Received 708 Likes on 671 Posts

Check the fuel pressure; with a gauge.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:47 PM

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,487 Posts

Stop replacing parts. If you still have the originals, you should think about putting them back on since there's apparently nothing wrong with them, and they're probably higher-quality than any replacements.

For any fault code, the first step is: CONFIRM that the indicated condition actually exists. Did you? Is the EVP voltage low?

For any voltage problem, the first step is: CLEAN & tighten every terminal on the heavy battery cables (at the battery, starter, starter relay, body, block, & frame. Click these & read the captions:

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

BTW
A '93 doesn't have a MAF; they're all MAP engines.

(phone app link)

(phone app link)

Last edited by Steve83; 01-10-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank Lafferty
I have a 1993 Ford F-150 that has been idling rough and bucking at low rpms when pushing in the accelerator and symptoms get worse as truck warms up, also consistently getting code 327 evp low voltage. So far I have changed plugs cap and rotor, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, air filter, maf sensor, looked at and inspected EGR valve and sensor (found nothing seemly wrong with ither) also no detectable vacuum leaks! I’m truly stumped and symptoms are growing worse fast! I’m not sure what else to check other than taking the intake manifold off and cleaning any carbon build up which I’d rather not do! Any other ideas before I have to go that route?
thanks
I don't think carbon build up in your manifold is your problem (although I did clean my upper intake manifold with oven cleaner, and I recommend you do as well if you have time next time you have it off). Not long ago, my truck would violently buck when I put the truck into motion in first gear. I checked several components before I finally removed the EEC-IV and noticed a leaky capacitor. I replaced the EEC-IV with a remanufactured unit (rockauto, $75) and my bucking went away. So, consider removing your EEC-IV and performing a visual inspection of the circuit board.

Quick Reply: 327 rough idle bucking under load